Former Senate President Bukola Saraki has said the attack on worshippers during Juma’at prayers, which led to the kidnapping of 40 people, including an Imam in Zamfara State, should be a major cause for concern for all Nigerians.
Saraki said this via his twitter handle on Monday.
“These rampant cases of insecurity highlight a growing trend that must be addressed head-on. As I stated in my tweets on insecurity last week, we must see this as a problem that affects all Nigerians.
“We must deploy all available resources; tap into the knowledge and experiences of our best minds both within and out of government; and call on our friends and allies across the world to help solve our insecurity challenges.
“We need a deliberate and all-encompassing approach to ensure that such incidents are curbed or at the very least, brought to the barest minimum — because this cannot become our ‘new normal.’ It is unacceptable, and we must solve it together,” he tweeted.