In his bid to further consolidate on the operations of government, Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe state has approved a minor cabinet reshufflement.
Secretary to the Gombe State Government, Professor Ibrahim Abubakar Njodi, disclosed this in a statement.
1. Mohammed Danladi Adamu from Ministry of Lands and Survey to Ministry of Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives
2. Dr. Habu Dahiru from Ministry of Education to Ministry of Health
3. Usman Jafun Biri from Ministry of Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives to Ministry of Lands and Survey
4. Julius Ishaya from Ministry of Youth Development to Ministry of Information and Culture
5. Dauda Batari Zambuk from Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation to Ministry of Education
6. Adamu Dishi Kupto from Ministry of Housing and Urban Development to Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation
In the same vein, the governor has relieved the following commissioners of their appointments with immediate effect:
- Alhassan Ibrahim Kwami – Information & Culture
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Gana- Health
- Mela Audu Nunghe (SAN)- Special Duties
They are expected to handover the affairs of their ministries to their respective Permanent Secretaries.
Yahaya thanked them for their services to Gombe State and wished them well in their future endeavors.
Meanwhile, the governor has nominated the following to serve as commissioners, pending their confirmation by the Gombe State House of Assembly:
- Mr. Christopher Abdu Buba Maisheru
- Abdullahi Idris Kwami
- Abubakar Aminu Musa
He congratulated the new nominees and wishes them success in their new responsibilities.