The Benue State Security Council, having considered the security situation in Katsina-Ala and other parts of Sankera area of the state has taken the following measures:
- The use of motorcycles is hereby banned in Katsina-Ala and Ukum Local Government Areas, till further notice.
- The use of tricycles also known as Keke and other means of transportation apart from motorcycles will be allowed in the two local government areas.
- Security operatives have been mandated to arrest defaulters and impound their motorcycles.
- Aside the revenue collection point at the head bridge in Katsina-Ala, no other revenue point is allowed within the local government area.
- All staff of the Board of Internal Revenue Service, BIRS are required to wear customized jackets and identity cards.
- Security agents are mandated to dismantle all illegal revenue collection points and makeshift shops. In the same vein, loitering at Katsina-Ala head bridge is prohibited.
- Loading and offloading of vehicles at Takum Junction and Katsina-Ala head bridge has also been prohibited.
- Law abiding residents of the affected areas are advised to go about with their normal activities without fear.
Uyina Matthew D.
Bureau of Internal Affairs and Special Services.